Reporting to APAC Finance Director, the ideal candidate has strong leadership skills, loves challenges and thrives in a fast-paced & cross-cultural environment, and is willing and able to be hands-on. He or she deals well with ambiguity & adapts to changes quickly within a very dynamic business environment, is strong in accounting operations and seeks continuous process improvements, and is able to collaborate well across various functional teams in understanding business and finance requirements and the effect on financials.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking for growth and challenges, and be part of a global team in one of the fastest growing tech companies. The position is based in Mumbai.
What you will do
- Partner with Spotify India teams in decision and operational support for successful launch and business growth in India
- Provide local expertise and advisory to global Spotify functions (Tax, Legal, Treasury, Accounting) and APAC Accounting Hub teams for operational, statutory and compliance matters
- Lead and drive India entity compliance with company policies & policies, financial controls and statutory requirements
- Collaborate with APAC Finance Hub teams to ensure timely and accurate submission of deliverables for financial close and reporting to global accounting / finance teams
- Liaise or assist in regulatory requirements/reporting and government submittals for India with auditors, bankers, tax agents and relevant government agencies
- Direct and oversee the deliverables from service providers and outsourced offshore service provider team for India business
- Implement processes or best practices to simplify, standardize and scale the business and accounting organization
- As a key member of Spotify India team, drive positive culture and values aligned to Spotify’s
- Validate and analyze financial statements, perform variance analysis and follow up on key issues identified
- Support analysis of results, forecasting and budgeting including cash flow forecast and management
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Review and recommend improvements to finance policies, internal controls, systems and processes
- Mentor, teach and review work of other supporting members of the accounting team as needed
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate or lead in special projects, ERP implementation, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned (such as projects to optimize reporting platforms and processes)
- Travel required is currently expected to be less than 10-20% of total work time.
Who you are
- MBA/Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or Commerce, with CPA or CA preferred
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ relevant experience with global company preferably in high-growth IT industry, with strong preference for local operational/statutory/tax compliance experience and people management experience.
- Ability to develop and grow with Spotify needs as it expands in Asia region and play strategic, operational and thought driven leadership role as the business grows.
- Ability to do accounting or other research to find solutions for accounting or related issues.
- Experience with major ERP system required (e.g. Oracle, SAP, NetSuite), strong preference for experience with cloud based systems.
- Technically proficient with web applications and MS Office (strong Excel skills), and be comfortable with extremely large data volume.
- Excellent time and self-management skills, meticulous, and able to perform well under pressure, prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines required.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, service-oriented, process focused, adaptable.
- Possess excellent analytical and communication skills (verbal & in writing) across all levels.
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- In-Depth Knowledge of Indian GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (India)), & Ind AS (Indian Accounting Standards). Prior Big 4 experience and knowledge of IFRS and/or US GAAP preferred
- Fluent in English, oral and written
- Skilled in managing relationships with across broad spectrum of teams and service providers. Work experience in transition or managing outsourcing companies or shared services would also be an advantage.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.