Spotify is expanding in Asia Pacific region with a regional hub based out of Singapore to serve this unique and growing region. We are looking for an Accountant based in Singapore who will be a key member of the APAC Finance team, and who has the ability to develop and grow into various roles as the business expands.
Reporting to the APAC Senior Accounting Manager, the APAC Accountant will initially be responsible for APAC expenses accounting operations, ensure that corporate accounting requirements are met, strong internal controls are in place and drive continuous improvements in efficiency and processes. As the first point of contact with our internal customers on expenses, this role will have a significant impact on our ability to meet SLA’s and a right first time approach will be critical to our service delivery.
The APAC Accountant will also work closely to support the APAC Accounts Payable (AP) Lead including ensuring that corporate accounting requirements are met, strong internal controls are in place and drive continuous improvements in AP efficiency and processes.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking for growth and challenges, and be a part of one of the fastest growing tech companies.
What you will do
- Responsible for full spectrum of expense functions which includes data collections, generating and posting journal entries, performing account reconciliations, escalations management, etc
- Provide support to APAC AP Lead on APAC AP operations
- Manage workflow and outsourced service providers to ensure consistent, accurate and timely processing of expenses in accordance with company policies and procedures, and in compliance with local statutory and tax requirements
- Review work done by outsourced service providers, provide feedback to improve work quality & efficiencies, and handle escalations from/into the outsourced service providers
- Manage internal customers requests that are outside the scope of services contracted with outsourced service providers, and manage incoming escalations/rework, ensuring that confidence of the customer is maintained and customer satisfaction goals are achieved
- Perform assigned accounts reconciliation, fluxes and follow up on key issues
- Track KPIs to ensure process improvement opportunities are identified and can be implemented.
- Support external and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility and help develop/refine accounting processes and procedures
- Work cross functionally on policies, processes, and help drive key initiatives and best practices
- Take on responsibilities or projects as needed to expand skill sets and experiences to develop and grow into other finance roles
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Finance/Accounting with CPA or CA or ACCA qualification preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting or audit experience at a global or regional organization
- Experience with large scale integrated ERP system (e.g. Oracle, SAP, NetSuite)
- Technically proficient with web applications and MS Office (strong Excel skills), and be comfortable with extremely large data volume
- Excellent time and self-management skills, meticulous, and able to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines required.
- Quick learner, service-oriented, process focused, versatile and strong team player
- High degree of professionalism, and ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Possess excellent analytical and communication skills across all levels.
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment a plus
- Work experience in engaging outsourcing companies or shared services will be an advantage
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.