At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs, and created a service that millions of people use to discover and share music they love.
We’re looking for an outstanding Ad Sales Political Account Executive with a proven desire to drive revenue, and a deep interest and passion for online media and innovation to join our team. We want someone who loves our product and can sell creative solutions to both Political advertising agencies and brands across the entire Washington DC area.
What you’ll do:
- Sell display advertising (video, mobile, programmatic), audio formats, and other ad space in order to grow advertising revenues within a non-travel sales role.
- Create, maintain, and sustain relationships with mid-market (Tier 2/3) media agencies, creative agencies, and direct clients
- Work across multiple agency departments, i.e. radio, digital, branded content and innovation teams, to deliver successful campaigns.
- Partner with internal marketing, brand partnerships, and label relations teams to maximize revenue for Spotify and our partners.
- Focus on consultative brand selling, educating and inspiring our clients to use Spotify to enhance their business.
- Meet and exceed advertising revenue goals.
- Attend weekly and monthly sales meetings/trainings as required.
- Represent Spotify at events, and serve as a brand ambassador, communicating our core narratives and reinforcing the strong position Spotify holds in the marketplace.
- Accurate forecasting, reporting daily and weekly, and providing timely insights about your business and customers is vital. Use of Salesforce is required as a primary method of managing your day-to-day business.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree.
- You have 1-3 years of professional sales experience in a media agency/online sales role.
- You have solid knowledge of online and offline media, and have the ability to be creative with audio and digital client solutions.
- You enjoy negotiating, being consultative, presenting to groups of all sizes, and closing the deal.
- You know how to prepare for and deliver effective meetings, and tell an inspiring story.
- You have a basic understanding of how to build, manage and close a pipeline of prospects.
- You have dexterity in creating reports and presentations using Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- You excel in a fast-paced, exciting, ever-changing environment.
- You have the ability to adeptly manage a large volume of clients, prospects and projects at a time.
- You have strong personal organization and project management skills.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are highly motivated and entrepreneurial.
- You have experience working with sales tools, such as Salesforce.
- You are a team player with the drive, desire and focus to get things done.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.