At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love.
We’re looking for an outstanding Ad Sales Account Director with a proven record of revenue generation and a deep interest and passion for online media and innovation to join our our team. We want someone who loves our product and knows how to consultatively sell creative solutions to both advertising agencies and brands directly. You should be confident without ever being arrogant and you work hard, but know how to have fun. And, above all, know your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do:
- Sell display advertising (video, mobile, programmatic), audio formats, and other ad space in order to grow advertising revenues by creating, maintaining, and sustaining relationships with media agencies, creative agencies, and clients directly
- Work across multiple agency departments, i.e. radio, digital, branded content and innovation teams, to deliver successful campaigns
- Partner with internal marketing, brand partnerships, and label relations teams to maximize revenue for Spotify and our partners
- Focus on consultative brand selling, educating and inspiring our clients to use Spotify to enhance their business
- Meet and exceed advertising revenue goals
- Attend weekly and monthly sales meetings/trainings as required
- You will be a passionate advocate and participant for the Spotify Sales program, P.A.C.T
- Represent Spotify at events and serve as a brand ambassador, communicating our core narratives and reinforcing the strong position Spotify holds in the market place
- Accurate forecasting, reporting daily and weekly and timely insights about your business and customers is vital. Use of Salesforce is required as a primary method of managing your day to day
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have 5+ years of professional sales experience in a media agency/online sales role
- You have knowledge of online and offline media and have the ability to be creative with audio and digital client solutions
- You have strong negotiation skills, have the ability to consultatively sell, present effectively and close the deal
- You know how to prepare for, deliver effective meetings, and tell an inspiring story
- You have the ability to build, manage and close a pipeline of prospects, and proven track record of exceeding goals
- You have dexterity in creating reports and presentations using Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.
- You have a deep understanding of digital ecosystem
- You are a team player, smart, adapt well with change and have a positive attitude
- You are able to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment and across external and internal teams to deliver creative, fresh campaigns
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.