We are looking for an outstanding Ad Sales Account Director to join our team in Mexico City; someone with a proven record of revenue generation and a deep interest and passion for online media and innovation. We want someone who loves our product and knows how to sell creative solutions for large branding advertisers and partners. You should be confident without ever being arrogant and you work hard, but know how to have fun. Above all, your work will impact the way the Mexico, and world, experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Meet and exceed advertising revenue goals for your portfolio (selection of Mexico’s top branding advertisers)
- Sell display advertising (video, mobile, programmatic), audio formats, and other ad space in order to grow advertising revenues by creating, maintaining, and sustaining relationships with media agencies, creative agencies, and clients directly
- Work across multiple agency departments, i.e. off-line (TV, radio), digital, branded content and innovation teams, to deliver successful campaigns
- Coordinate with the communications planning team and strategic planners, account directors, and buyers to create successful ad campaigns
- Partner with internal marketing, brand partnerships, and label relations teams to maximize revenue for Spotify and our partners
- Focus on brand sell, educating and inspiring our clients to use Spotify to enhance their business
- Attend weekly and monthly sales meetings as required
- Manage activity using salesforce.com
- Work from our office in Mexico City
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in related field (Business, Marketing, etc). Post graduate studies preferred.
- You have 6+ years of experience in a media agency/online sales role
- You have strong negotiation skills and the ability to present effectively and close the deal
- You have client facing experience
- You have the ability to build a pipeline and proven track record of exceeding goals
- You have knowledge of online and offline media and have the ability to be creative with audio and digital client solutions
- You have relevant experience with Mexico top branding accounts (CPG, Auto, Retail, Media & Entertainment)
- You have dexterity in creating reports and presentations using Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.
- You have a deep understanding of Mexico’s digital ecosystem (media and creative agencies, DSPs / Trading Desks, etc)
- You are a team player and team leader; smart and able to cope with change while keeping a positive attitude across the office
- You are able to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment and across external and internal teams to deliver creative, fresh campaigns
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.