Calling all North Carolina HBCU Students –
Come and join Spotify for The Opening Act Roadshow in North Carolina! We are bringing back the Opening Act || HBCU Conference with a twist – this year we are coming to your campus for a 2 day conference experience that welcomes eager and talented freshmen, sophomores, juniors & seniors that attend Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU), with an interest in the tech and media industries. The Opening Act Roadshow at North Carolina will take place on Thursday, October 18th and Friday, October 19th. Read below for more details and how to apply!
What you’ll do:
Throughout this experience, you’ll hear from the Spotify team and thought leaders within the music, tech and media industries through panels, workshops and networking activities. You’ll see first-hand what a career path in these fields look like, and gain valuable insight into how to achieve your career goals. In addition, you’ll get the chance to network and build a community with other HBCU students across the region, in the vibrant energy of North Carolina.
Who you are:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study (Computer Science, Business, Statistics/Math, Psychology) at a North Carolina HBCU
- Demonstrate a passion for Tech+Music
- Involved in extracurricular activities and programs on campus
- Previous tech or media experience or relevant internship/coursework are preferred
How to apply:
The deadline to apply is Sunday, September 23rd at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
- September 23rd, 2018 – September 30th, 2018: Application Review
- October 1st, 2018 – October 5th, 2018: Communication to accepted students
- October 8th, 2018 – Student RSVP
- October 18th and 19th, 2018: The Opening Act- North Carolina