Calling all Howard Students –
Come and join Spotify for The Opening Act Roadshow @ Howard U! We are bringing back the Opening Act || HBCU Conference with a twist – this year we are coming to your campus for a 2 day conference experience that welcomes eager and talented freshmen, sophomores, juniors & seniors that attend Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU), with an interest in the tech and media industries. The Opening Act Roadshow at Howard will take place on Thursday, November 8th and Friday, November 9th. Read below for more details and how to apply!
What you’ll do:
Throughout this experience, you’ll hear from the Spotify team and thought leaders within the music, tech and media industries through panels, workshops and networking activities. You’ll see first-hand what a career path in these fields look like, and gain valuable insight into how to achieve your career goals. In addition, you’ll get the chance to network and build a community with other HBCU students across the region, in the vibrant energy of Washington, D.C..
Who you are:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study (Computer Science, Business, Statistics/Math, Psychology) at Howard University
- Demonstrate a passion for Tech+Music
- Involved in extracurricular activities and programs on campus
- Previous tech or media experience or relevant internship/coursework are preferred
How to apply:
The deadline to apply is Friday, October 26th 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Oct. 26th – Oct. 28th, 2018: Application Review
- Oct. 29th – Nov. 2nd, 2018: Communication to accepted students
- Nov. 5th – Student RSVP
- November 8th, 2018: The Opening Act- Howard